Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mother Nature is a Bitch

So, today we are staying inside our houses ... BY LAW.
Thanks to Hurricane Alex, anyone who goes outside will be arrested. Why? Because they could get killed, so according to our President, this is a way to prevent any more human losses (there's four so far, and one person has disappeared).
Even though most of the time I think he's an idiot who does nothing good with our tax money, I must say that I agree with him today.
I do not know how my hometown is right now, but here are some photos of how the city I currently live in is holding up (or not):

Hurricane Alex -- satellite view, 1:30am Central time.
Vista satelital del Huracan Alex a la 1:30am, tiempo D.F.


The Río Santa Catarina (Saint Catherine River) is usually empty, but not today.
Por lo general, el Río Santa Catarina está casi vacío, pero hoy no es así.


That's one of the bridges used by pedestrians to go across over the avenue.
Este es un paso peatonal para que las personas puedan cruzar la avenida por encima de ella.


Part of a road was taken out by the river's strong currents.
Parte de una calle se cayó gracias a la corriente tan fuerte del río.

The Río Santa Catarina has not been this full and powerful since Hurricane Gilberto in 1988 ... I wasn't even born yet!
Again, if you're anywhere near Hurricane Alex's projected path, please take all possible precautions!

Traducción:
El día de hoy, POR LEY, nos tenemos que quedar en nuestras casas.
Lo normal es que yo piense que Larrazabal es un pendejo que no sabe que hacer con el dinero que le tenemos que pagar al gobierno, pero el día de hoy estoy de acuerdo con su decisión. Es una manera de prevenir la pérdida de más vidas (hasta ahorita hay 4 muertos y un desaparecido).
Estas son algunas fotos que se han tomado el día de hoy. Es algo sorprendente!
El Río Santa Catarina no ha estado tan lleno y no ha tenido corrientes tan fuertes desde el Huracan Gilberto, en 1988! Yo ni siquiera había nacido entonces!
Una vez más les pido, si están en la trayectoria de Alex, por favor cuídense!!

2 comments:

  1. La culpa no es de la madre naturaleza...

    Es trite... pero esto todo lo estamos causando nosotros.








    LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! 4 has died? That's terrible. I hope everything is fine with you and your family. Just stay indoors and hope for the best. I keep my thumbs up here for u.

    the tutorial: that's so cool you tried on it and liked it!! I wasn't really expecting anyone to try on it, pictures please so I can see it :) hugss xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments (: I really appreciate them all!
Gracias por sus comentarios (: En verdad aprecio todos y cada uno de los comentarios que me dejan!